APC YOUTH SOLIDARITY FORUM
PRESS STATEMENT ON THE DELIBERATE CONFUSION CAUSED BY SHEHU SANI IN OUR GREAT PARTY
Concerned by the unduly prolonged disagreement in the All Progressives Congress in Kaduna state, the members of this Forum met in Kaduna, critically reviewed the situation and came up with the following observations and conclusions:
1. That Shehu Sani who has been on record as the most fierce and persistent critic of the policies of the APC at both the national and state levels including the person and politics of our dear President Muhammadu Buhari, merely took a calculated decision to remain in the party in order to harm it from within.
2. By remaining entrenched in the party, Shehu Sani has in the last few months succeeded in inflicting so much injury on the PDP according to the script designed by his sponsors who are bent on eliminating the APC particularly in North Western Nigeria being the main support base of President Buhari.
3. Part of the sinister scheme is to discredit every democratic process in some select Northwest states with Kaduna as key.
4. The tools for the execution of the project are unethical greenwig legal practitioners, unscrupulous section of the media and money which were all made available to Shehu Sani.
5. The most lethal and potentially more dangerous to the development of democracy and democratic ideals is so far, Shehu Sani’s use of half-baked lawyers to frustrate judicial processes and ridicule the justice system of the country.
6. With no scruples, the lawyers have engaged in open air lies, deliberate distortion of facts and attempts at misinterpreting, mispresenting and misrepresenting the true intendment of law with the sole aim of confusing the gullible public and ultimately swaying public opinion against the duly recognized APC structure in the state with an intended multiplier effect on other Northwest states.
7. The latest of the immoral, unethical and unprofessional conduct of Shehu Sani’s lawyer, one Barrister Tannin, is the claim that he was not aware of the Notice of Discontinuance of an earlier court injunction obtained by Malam Uba Sani which paved the way for the subsequent conduct of party primaries at which Uba Sani was democratically elected and duly returned as the lawful candidate of the APC for the 2019 Kaduna Central senatorial seat.
8. This is ridiculous because even a Kindergarten lawyer is presumed to know the elementary fact that from the minute the notice of discontinuance of a court process is filed by the plaintiff who is the originator , the case is closed for everybody, including the defendant.
9. Even a layman in a democratised society is conversant with the legal position that a subsisting order does not affect the Notice of Dicontinuance of a process and that much as the plaintiff has the right to file a motion, he also has the right to discontinue the process he initiated.
10. Available evidence also shows that Shehu Sani’s lawyer lied by telling the media he was unaware of the Notice of Discontinuance.
11. Verifiably the Court Registrar has called Barrister Kanyim to get his copy of the Discontinuance Notice but he said he was out of town. Kanyim also told the Court Registrar that his Kaduna chambers was locked and nobody was available to receive the copy.
12. This blatant shameless display of unprofessionalism and abuse of judicial process is coming following confirmed reports of the failure by Shehu to bribe the electoral officer….. to get him to alter the true situation.
13. Facts at our disposal show that Shehu Sani had offered an inducement of N10m to the Electoral Panel Chairman asking him to influence the affirmation of his automatic ticket, which was turned down by the latter.
14. We warn Shehu Sani, his attack dogs and litany of troubleshooters to henceforth desist from further efforts at causing disaffection in our great party.
Hafiz Ali Kujama